6 Ways To Write Better Emails
It can be a pain to write better email copy, but it is a necessary step in effectively reaching your customers and nurturing an audience. Regardless of the industry you are trying to reach, or whether you are a B2B or B2C marketer, one of the easiest ways to increase conversion rates in your email marketing is to improve your email copy. Here we will look at a few tips for writing great email copy, as well as how Sendlane™ can help with optimizing messaging.
One of the best ways to get someone to take action on your email is to convey a sense of urgency. Using the right context, urgency infused copy can do wonders to improve you email open rates and click throughs. Some examples of ways you can convey urgency include:
- Pick deadlines: Using times, dates or even phrases like “hours left” creates a sense of urgency that will drive people to take action so that they do not miss out on your offer.
- Use words that evoke anxiety: Words such as “final”, “hurry”, “only” and “now” tend to stress us out a bit when we are faced with them. They tell us that we need to take care of something as soon as possible and that waiting around is not an option.
- Create demand: Emphasizing a sense of scarcity is another way to get people to take action. Phrases like “while supplies last”, “almost sold out” and “supplies limited” are great ways to push someone over the edge from considering taking action to actually taking the plunge.
Short and Strong Subject Lines
As the first thing that a prospect sees in their inbox, the subject line is the biggest factor as to whether someone will read your email or not. There are many different kinds of subject lines, but elements of great ones include:
- Instant gratification: Making someone feel as though they can instantly use your email to gain a desired result.
- Curiosity: Causing someone to become so curious that they have to open the email.
- Personalization:,Automation software such as Sendlane™ can help to personalize your emails to include your subscribers name in the subject line automatically. This will save you valuable time. Personalizing emails by someone’s location or interests is another great way to improve open rates.
- Contradiction: Use a subject line that contradicts something that is normally viewed as true.
Clear Calls to Action
A call to action that clearly shows a user the benefit they will receive will result in the highest click throughs. Don’t use generic CTAs, instead give your reader cues to the next step. These could include “Click here to save 15% instantly”, “Subscribe to our newsletter today” or “Download your free ebook now”.
How Can Sendlane™ Help?
So we have given you a few tips to write great email copy, but now you need to analyze your messaging to optimize for future emails. Utilizing Sendlane’s marketing automation tools, create behavioral data from your customers to determine who you think should get a specific message.This allows you to test various copy options on different audience sets. This also allows you to trigger calls to action based on customer behavior.
Check out our many other features at https://sendlane.com/#features and discover why Sendlane™ is the perfect email tool for your business.
We hope you enjoyed these tips. Please comment below with any thoughts or tips that have worked for you! 🙂