Introducing List Hygiene – Let Us Clean Your List!
Today, we’re excited to announce our newest feature:
List Hygiene is the automated process we’ll do for you to clean your list and remove any inactive or unengaged subscribers.
Now you might be asking… why? Why would you ever need to clean your email list?
If you’ve never heard of it, or don’t understand it, we recommend you start by reading this article.
Now, you should know that list cleaning can occur in two ways:
- Typically for people who buy data or data monetization, you’re using a service like Brite Verify or Xverify to clean your email list of known spam traps, bounces, and bad email addresses.
- You have permission based email lists (anyone who uses Sendlane), and you want to remove the people who are inactive or unengaged from your email list. If you read this article, we explain that it’s not only a great way to lower your costs, but to increase your reputation and of course increase both your open and click rates.
Here’s how it works:
You can go to each list on your Sendlane account, select the list you want to clean, and click on “Smart List Hygiene”
From here, you will be directed to this page:
On this page, you’ll notice two options:
- Ability to clean inactive subscribers in a certain period, one time.
- Ability to automate the entire process by letting our platform remove inactive subscribers automatically to keep your account fresh to help maximize your email delivery.
You’ll select exactly how you want to do it.
Now at Sendlane, we recommend that you use our Automated List Hygiene feature (Option 2 above), as it will continuously clean and update your subscribers to only keep the people who WANT to hear from you. Now let’s walk through each option.
Option 1. The manual one time process
With the manual one time process, you’ll simply select the # of days you want to remove… then click, “Remove Active Subscribers.”
The system will automatically take the people who have not opened or clicked on any of your emails in the last X days (X is a variable that you would input) and remove them from your account.
At Sendlane, we recommend 90 days. (or 3 months)
Once you click on proceed, we’ll run the process in the background and you’ll be alerted as soon as it’s complete.
You will remove a copy of your list in your email when the system has processed your request.
Option 2. The Automated List Hygiene (Recommended)
When you select this option, you’ll set the # of days in which you will automatically remove subscribers who are in-active in your account.
At Sendlane, we recommend 90 days (or 3 months).
Then select the days in which you want this process run (we recommend choosing 15 days).
The process will run daily and keep your account fresh and relevant, allowing you to keep focus on your business, without the tedious tasks.
Our system will remove and email you a copy of your inactive list and also keep a copy at the bottom of the page so you can have that info for your records.
And That’s It!
Sendlane is committed to creating and maintaining a long-term relationship with you, just as you’re committed to keeping a long-term relationship with your subscribers.
With List Hygiene, we’re giving you a super simple, effective way to maintain high deliverability, keeping your email marketing costs low, and helping you engage with the people that WANT to engage with you.
So go ahead, login to your account now and give List Hygiene and try today!
And if you’re not a member yet, what are you waiting for?
Give us a try – we offer a risk free trial where you can use Sendlane before you pay us a cent!
Latest posts by Jimmy Kim (see all)
- 3 Powerful Tips for Creating Perfect Marketing Emails - June 15, 2018
- GDPR – What It Is and How Sendlane Is Preparing! - May 18, 2018
- Introducing Sendlane’s New Integration: ClickBank! - April 30, 2018